Affordable Designs began in 2007 with the goal of providing an interior design service that was affordable without compromising on style and quality, tailoring each project to our client’s budget
Our designs are known for being stylish, comfortable, functional, fun and in step with the client’s lifestyle.
We never use a “cookie cutter” approach because each person is individual
We are committed to every client evidenced by the fact that the majority of our clients are repeat customers or referrals from former customers
We do SMALL - Single rooms such as a bathroom or a kitchen
We do BIG - Full, gut renovations for apartments and homes, from the the ground up
We love it all and believe that shows in our results
INTERIOR DESIGN AND RENOVATION SERVICES
• Onsite consultations followed by detailed design plans, cost and timelines.
• Project management of all aspects of the job from necessary paperwork filings, insurance, and licenses to completion of the project.
• Providing licensed crew: contractors, plumbers, painters, electricians, and architects as necessary.
• Providing all layout and design drawings.
• Sourcing of applicable materials such as appliances, flooring, tiles, lighting, fabrics, fixtures etc. Any trade discounts are passed on directly to our clients
• We provide qualified painters, floor refinishers, cabinet makers, upholsterers and window treatment solutions
• De-cluttering - from closets to entire homes and removal or donation of items being discarded.
• Prepping properties for most advantageous sale including restoration of floors, painting, lighting, and all other physical repairs necessary.
• Placing all furniture, décor, and set up of staging, from one room to entire site
It is often difficult to oversee your own renovation project.
Such oversight requires an enormous investment of time. It also requires knowledge of all aspects of renovation, construction, electrical, plumbing etc.
As project manager, Affordable Designs oversees the job project providing all of the necessary vendors and services from commencement to completion.
We provide fully vetted contractors, electricians, plumbers, architects etc, or we will work with your selected vendors and contractors.
We will handle all paper work required such as building Alteration Agreements, Certificates of Insurance (COI) required licenses and permits
When needed, a Scope Of Work will be provided by Affordable Designs to be presented to building management.
We are on site every day to oversee all work and insure steady progress and quality work while providing regular status reports to client
We have years of experience in project management having completed projects both large and small.
Kate started AFFORDABLE DESIGNS in 2007. Her goal was to provide interior design expertise to a market that felt such services were beyond their financial reach. Prior to 2007, Kate owned a corporate meeting firm that staged meetings for Fortune 500 companies all over the world. She designed stage sets, theme events, and complex programs for all her clients. Those designs were done with such uniqueness and creativity that they started a new trend in her field… and were frequently copied. Kate is a practical designer, preferring function over form if a choice must be made. She has been successful in creating environments based on the client’s needs and preferences and budget. As she has said, “ I listen to what my clients want and then try to deliver that in a solid design that suits their expectations. That is great, as it means each job causes me to stretch, to change and to learn. It has to be fun!”
Van has recently joined the Affordable Designs team on a full-time basis. Since 2015 he has worked with Affordable Designs on numerous projects while managing his own design and renovation company based in Los Angeles. Van and Kate share a mutual philosophy: to provide interior design expertise to people who feel that such services are beyond their financial reach. Key to this is allowing clients to fully express who they are and what holds real meaning to them in terms of their living space. Van and Kate work collaboratively with each client to represent the client’s design esthetic and lifestyle. With a passion for design and architecture Van has gained a comprehensive understanding of the custom design construction process, necessary to create elegant, affordable residential environments…. with an emphasis on showcasing designs that are understated yet sophisticated and functional, while incorporating clean lines, well-crafted furnishings, and quality materials Van has extensive experience in providing tasteful and affordable design services for working people living busy lives.